Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Dreamt Of Arsenal Says Newcastle's Sissoko


Newcastle January signing Moussa Sissoko has revealed that he dreamt of wearing the red and white of Arsenal as a youngster.


The 23 year old has impressed since joining from Toulouse in January, grabbing a brace as the Toon beat Chelsea 3-2, but has admitted that he was inspired by Arsenal's French legion when he was growing up.

Sissoko told L’Equipe, “When I was little the Arsenal team with all the French players made a mark on me.

“Pires, [Sylvain] Wiltord, Henry, Vieira… That team made me dream. They won everything.

“I loved Thierry Henry and especially Patrick Vieira, who played the same position as me.

“He had unbelievable power! He ran through the entire pitch with the ball at his feet. In midfield, he was the boss.”

He added, “And then there was Highbury with the fans so close to the pitch. I would have liked to play there!”

No comments:

Post a Comment